2018 Point Standings
- All cars that run for points must have a Greer Dragway points number. We sell these beginning in March of each year for $25. If you buy a number after the points start, that is when your points start, the day the number is paid for. If no Greer points number- no points.
- A total of 40 cars consisting of 24 cars from Pro, 10 cars from Footbrake and 6 cars from Jr. Dragster ( plus 2 Alternates: 1 Pro car and 1 Footbrake car) will go to the Summit Team Finals. You may run either or both classes, but cannot switch back and forth.
- If a spot is not taken by the person earning the points, we will move down the line to the next person eligible until all spots are filled.
- Each driver may claim up to 15 races. You must claim your points before you leave the track each week. A 5 point bonus will be awarded per week up to a maximum of 25 points for races not claimed. To be eligible to attend the Summit Team Finals you must attend at least 5 points races.
- To claim your points you must sign the Points Claim Book in the bottom of the tower. You must write down the name of the driver and the number that is on the car to receive your points.
- How you earn points each week:
- 5 points- Enter car, plus 5 points each round won
- 10-points- Winner plus round points up to the finals
- 5-points- Runner-Up plus round points up to the finals
- Points will start the first Saturday in April and the last points race to be eligible for the Summit Team Finals will be September 9, 2017
- If you run two cars, each car must run in a separate class at Greer Dragway. Only one car per driver will be allowed at the Summit Team Finals.
- All ties in the Greer Dragway Points will be broken by the following, (in the order stated): 1) Most Wins at Greer Dragway in current season. 2) Most Runner-Ups at Greer Dragway in current season. 3) Previous years finish in Greer Dragway Points Standings. 4) Best 2 out of 3 Run-Off.
- To be eligible for the Summit SuperSeries you must have a Greer points number and a “X” number from IHRA. Your “X” number must be on your car to earn SSS points.
Become the Summit SuperSeries Champion at Greer and you will then be eligible to participate at the Summit SuperSeries World Championships during the Summit World Finals at Memphis International Raceway. Racers without an “X” number will not accumulate track SuperSeries points until they have this number. IHRA Membership must stay current all season to earn SSS points.
For more information or to obtain your “X” number, contact Bobby Carville at 561-337-3015.
- Any gifted runs will be subject to disqualification of points.
- By having a Greer Dragway points number you are eligible for the Contingency Connection.
- These rules were made in keeping with the guidelines of IHRA. No one except the owners and managers of Greer Dragway, LLC can change these rules.